2015 - Present
- MOL installed in Mauritius, Uganda and other African countries
- MOL includes billing system to differentiate between local generation and utility supply
- Temperature and other system parameters included with metering data fro MOL
- IoT meter data systems include automatic alarming for power interruptions
2014 - 2015
- Five-year contract awarded to PMT by Pick n Pay for all retail outlets and food distribution centres throughout South Africa.
- PMT develops an Internet of Things (IoT) meter data acquisition system.
- PMT develops an IoT based load control relay designed for automated Demand Response.
- Richard’s Bay Municipality appoint PMT as metering service provider for all large customers.
2011 - 2013
- Prepaymentonline, advanced prepayment system designed for commercial property owners, is launched.
- MOL implementations installed at sites the UK, Namibia, Zambia, Australia, Botswana and Mauritius.
- Smart metering installed for all Virgin Active clubs in South Africa.
- Barclays Africa awards contract to PMT to install remote metering in nine African Countries.
- Water metering rollout performed for all Woolworths stores and distribution units in South Africa.
- Smart Metering installed for JD Group's HiFi Corporation and Incredible Connection stores.
2007 - 2010
- MOL is awarded first prize for the best Advanced Metering System in Africa.
- PMT becomes distributor for EDMI in Singapore to supply and support their multifunction electricity meters.
- PMT becomes first Value Added Reseller (VAR) in Africa for Echelon Corporation for Smart Metering.
- First true implementation of a smart metering system installed in shopping mall using MOL and Echelon NES.
- MOL includes an online billing verification system for customers to easily verify their utility accounts online.
2005 - 2006
- Utility Risk Management (Pty) Ltd. (URM) incorporated as a Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) partner to PMT
- Contract awarded to provide an AMR service for 10,000 large power users in City Power, Johannesburg.
- PMT office opened in Cape Town.
- Contract awarded to install MOL for all PicknPay and Woolworths retail stores in South Africa.
- Advanced GPRS terminals designed and manufactured in-house by PMT for metering data acquisition.
- First GPRS based metering acquisition system launched using MOL.
2003 - 2004
- Contract to supply 30,000 multifunction electricity meters to TNB in Malaysia through Stabil Meter.
- MOL used as AMR system for 6,000 large power users in the City of Ekurhuleni.
- PMT designs and manufactures bespoke GSM meter data acquisition terminals for AMR systems.
- Contract awarded for 3,000 GSM AMR modems to Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia’s National Utility).
2000 - 2002
- Meter-testing facilities supplied to the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Commission in Harare and Bulawayo.
- MOL installed in Canal Walk, South Africa’s largest retail complex in Cape Town with more than 1,000 metering points.
- Major contracts to supply over 200,000 Power-Link electricity meters into Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola and South Africa.
- PMT writes the first draught of a South African Code of Practice for Electricity Metering (NRS 057) specification.
1998 - 1999
- First automatic meter reading (AMR) system installed in a retail centre in South Africa using MOL.
- Contract awarded for MOL AMR for 10 largest industrial customers for Boksburg Municipality using MOL.
- MOL installed at Montecasino, Sandton Convention Centre, Rosebank Mall and other major centres.
- PMT becomes the distributor for Polymeters Response Limited (PRI) to supply and support multifunction electricity meters.
1996 - 1997
- Contract awarded to refurbish and calibrate 20,000 single-phase meters for the city of Pretoria.
- PMT becomes the South African distributor for Schlumberger UK to supply and support multifunction electricity meters.
- Supply of MTB meter calibration equipment into Western Australia, India and Malaysia
- Contract awarded to completely refurbish the meter calibration laboratory of the City of Durban.
- Supply of MTB meter equipment to the Philippines and Switzerland.
1992 - 1995
- PMT Incorporated
- Development of Power Link MTB meter calibration and test equipment
- Sale of first MTB meter calibration benches to the City of Durban, Pretoria and Eskom.
- PMT meter calibration laboratory accredited by SANAS.
- Contract awarded to refurbish and calibrate 10,000 single-phase electricity meters for the City of Durban.
- Contract awarded to calibrate all single-phase meters purchased by Eskom.
- Calibration laboratory capacity expanded to calibrate up to 1200 meters per day.